[mythtv-users] How long until the "iTV" is hacked?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Tue Sep 12 15:28:24 EDT 2006

Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com> says:
> at an expected $299 ea, that would make a really sweet MythTV frontend!

I attended the Apple presentation at the Yerba Buena Center and saw
Jobs heft the box around and demo the prototype. While very small and
attractive physically, it's not quite the ideal MythTV frontend. It's
unclear whether it'll have HD video output support, but I'd bet
against it; there was no mention whatsoever of HD and all demoed
videos were in the new iTunes 640x480 resolution. Given the 4:3 screen
dimensions this is essentially equivalent to 720x480 from a DVD, but
(again) it's not HD. For those enamored with the idea of a compact
Apple MythTV frontend, the new Core 2 Duo Mac minis remain a much
better, if pricier, choice.