[mythtv-users] Upgrading database from .18 to .19 then to .20

Stephen Atkins satkins at inetdesign.org
Tue Sep 12 16:06:19 EDT 2006

Hello all.  Since .20 came out I thought I would give it a try.  But I
noticed that my .19 upgrade (back when it first came out months ago)
didn't upgrade everything in my DB.  Now since it has been months and
I've got a ton more data in there I'm wondering what will happen if I
try and move to .20.

What tipped me off was mysql complaining about a table with no columns
(oldrecordings).  I also noticed that the cutlist column in recorded was
still a tiny int not text.

Is there anyway I can get a script that will fix up my current .19 db so
its not even worse after moving to .20?

--

Stephen Atkins
http://inetdesign.org
satkins at inetdesign.org
jabber: urban.nightmare at jabber.org
icq: 11782200

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and
wrong. -- H L Mencken

Databases are my friends. I program for them, not against them...