[mythtv-users] MythWeb Custom Recording

Michael Lynch lynchmv at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 16:26:10 EDT 2006

OS: Slackware 10.2
Kernel: 2.6.17.13
MythTV: .20 (mythplugins .20a)
Apache: 1.3.33
PHP: 4.4.0
MySQL: 4.1.14

I am attempting to create a new custom recording schedule via MythWeb
and it errors out as indicated:

Fatal Error at /var/www/htdocs/includes/objects/Database_Query_mysql.php,
line 73:
SQL Error: Column 'subtitle' cannot be null [#1048]

Backtrace:

    datetime:  2006-09-12 15:38:08 (EDT)
    errornum:  256
  error type:  User Error
error string:  SQL Error: Column 'subtitle' cannot be null [#1048]
    filename:  /var/www/htdocs/includes/objects/Database_Query_mysql.php
  error line:  73

The full error can be found at
http://www.flyingsawdust.com/2006/09/12/20a-mythweb-custom-recording-error/

I am trying to create a custom recording schedule to record programs
titled 'College Football' with a subtitle like 'Alabama at %' or '% at
Alabama'.  I went to custom recordings and did the following:

- selected 'Record at any time on any channel'
- selected 'Power Search'
- entered 'Alabama Football' for the Title
- did not specify any additional tables
- entered the following for search phrase: title = 'College Football'
and subtitle like 'Alabama at %' or subtitle like '% at Alabama'
- did not specify a find date or time (left defaults)
- left all default options except for checking 'Record new and expire old'
- set 'No. of recordings to keep' to 3
- clicked 'Create Schedule'

I should also note that I did the exact same steps as listed above on
my .19 setup and it scheduled without a problem.