[mythtv-users] Upgrading database from .18 to .19 then to .20

Stephen Atkins satkins at skircr.com
Tue Sep 12 18:10:59 EDT 2006

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 09/12/06 16:06, Stephen Atkins wrote:
>
>> Hello all.  Since .20 came out I thought I would give it a try.  But I
>> noticed that my .19 upgrade (back when it first came out months ago)
>> didn't upgrade everything in my DB.  Now since it has been months and
>> I've got a ton more data in there I'm wondering what will happen if I
>> try and move to .20.
>>
>> What tipped me off was mysql complaining about a table with no columns
>> (oldrecordings).  I also noticed that the cutlist column in recorded was
>> still a tiny int not text.
>>
>> Is there anyway I can get a script that will fix up my current .19 db so
>> its not even worse after moving to .20?

Wow thats a lot of steps.  Well not going to do that tonight.  If it
doesn't record my wifes shows I won't have to worry about fixing.  Think
I try this on the weekend when nothing critical is on.

Thanks

--

Stephen Atkins
Information Systems
satkins at skircr.com
Voice: (403) 209-3367
Fax: (403) 244-3774
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and
wrong. -- H L Mencken

Databases are my friends. I program for them, not against them...