[mythtv-users] Recording time too short?

Sergei Gerasenko gerases at publicschoolworks.com
Wed Sep 13 04:10:13 UTC 2006

Not sure if it's me or myth, but my scheduled recordings are
consistently 5 seconds short of the "projected" recording time. I don't
automatically remove commercials and I run ntpd. Actually ntpd shouldn't
matter because even if the clock is wrong and a show is started at 8:10
instead of 8:00, if the recording is 30 minutes, it will end at 8:40
instead of 8:30.

But when I go into the recorded shows and look at one that is supposed
to be 30 minutes, when I fast forward it would say for example "20 of
29:55". That's how I found out that it was 5 seconds short. Actually I
first noticed it when I was watching an episode of the Simpsons and the
recording stopped in the middle of a scene at the end of the show.

I'm running 0.18 on a Ubuntu for what it's worth. Any ideas?

For now I added 10 seconds in the setup, but I'm curious why this
happens ...