[mythtv-users] mythweb streaming videos

jack snodgrass mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 04:46:18 EDT 2006

I'm almost certain ( but I can't check / verify ) that the old behavior
was when you selected a 'preview' image via mythweb/tv/recorded
you'd get a http link to the file in /mnt/store.  i.e. the link would be
something like:
http://server/mythweb/1005_20060911190000.mpg
and I put a symbolic link in my mythweb directory to my /mnt/store
directory and I was able to click on the picture and start downloading
the mpeg file.

NOW... ( for a while ).... the picutre now links to:
http://server/mythweb/pl/stream/1014/1149642000
and I click on that ( default installation of mythweb with
the .htaccess file changed to point to my database )
I get the "An unknown module was specified" error.

I do have:
modules/stream/handler.pl
but nothing else is in that modules/stream directory.

This is in a 'fresh/clean/new' mythweb directory on my
webserver.

... so on a fresh, new, clean install of mythweb....
( from svn... I use rsync to copy the mythweb
directory to my webserver ) assuming that the .htaccess
file that comes with it is changed for the db access...
what should happen when you click on a preview image?

mythstreamtv  - whatever it is called - does not appear
to be part of mythtv or mythplugins from svn so I have
never installed it.

jack