[mythtv-users] Disable non-used processes

jack snodgrass mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 12:30:37 UTC 2006

for redhat/fedora/others you can do
chkconfig --list | grep "3:on" to see what services are started at
run time.

if you see something like cpuspeed that you know you don't want,
you can
chkconfig --del cpuspeed
to disable it starting up at run time.

You can alsp rpm -e cpuspeed
to stop it from starting and remove it from your system.

If you see something like acpid and don't know what it is, you can
rpm -qf /etc/rc.d/init.d/apcid
and see what rpm it is associated with.

you can then rpm -i apcid to get information about it. If it's something
you don't want, you can then rpm -e it or chkconfig --del it.

jack