[mythtv-users] Upgrading database from .18 to .19 then to .20

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Sep 13 12:21:02 EDT 2006

On 09/13/06 09:26, Intense Red wrote:

>   I also have a similar problem as I will go from .18 to .20.

No. It was only a problem for the OP as he suspects his current (0.18)
DB is corrupt.  Therefore, Myth's code to automatically handle the
updates is likely to fail.

He wanted to know how to clean up his database so he knows that his
final 0.20 database is correct.  The steps I provided do exactly that.

>  I've seen some
>database-based apps which do incorporate a table entry to note the version of
>the database and then will upgrade the DB if need be.

It does.  When you start up 0.20's mythtv-setup, mythbackend, /or/
mythfrontend, it will automatically upgrade your database to the 0.20
format.  No special steps required.

>   Given that many people using Myth will not upgrade for every version, in
>a "if it ain't broke..." mindset, this would be a valuable feature for
>MythTV.

And has been.

Mike