[mythtv-users] Best diskless front-end. Power saving time!

jack snodgrass mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 19:53:58 UTC 2006

I've started looking at using autofs for as many drives as I can,
moving stuff around so I can have as few 'permant' drives and
spinning down the drives that are unmounted by autofs. This
should reduce the heat, noice and electricity used by my
drives. I'm still working out the details. Do you have a lot
of drives in your systems? I've got 2+TB and I don't really
need all of that data mounted all of the time. ;)

jack