[mythtv-users] USB remote receiver

Carl Fongheiser carlfongheiser at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 20:31:41 UTC 2006

On 9/13/06, gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) <glandix at lloydnet.org> wrote:

> Mickey Chandler wrote:
> > Has anyone else gotten a USB IR Receiver to work with lirc?
>
> it's overpriced probably (i don't know, it came w/ my laptop), but i use
> the MCE USB receiver (it's the Phillips eHome version, aka MCEv2 that
> uses the lirc_mceusb2 driver) and it works great ... i'm using it with
> my All4One Kameleon remote with a custom-built PVR "device" that I
> programmed with JP-1 into my remote :)

You can often find these for around $40, so I consider it a pretty
reasonable way to go.  I like the MCE remotes, but most of the recent
One4All remotes (including the Kameleon) have a code for the MCE remotes.
(Personally, though, I can't stand the way the keys are mapped out on the
Kameleons with the MCE code!)

Carl Fongheiser