[mythtv-users] 0.20's done

Robin Hill myth at robinhill.me.uk
Wed Sep 13 20:48:23 UTC 2006

On Wed Sep 13, 2006 at 03:35:09PM -0500, Trey Thompson wrote:

> > >Interesting.  I OBVIOUSLY trust you!  :)  But I saw the FE disappear,
> > >I saw my KDE desktop, then MFE reappeared.  ??
> > >

> > Redrawing the window does not constitute restarting the program.
> > Restarting implies "starting again, as you started it the first time"
> > (essentially the meaning of "re").
> >

> Wow, thanks for the definition of "re" Mike.  I greatly appreciate that
> insight.  While I was hung up on "Does restart mean MFE, or the entire
> system?" - I clearly should have just reduced it to the obvious,
> "starting again, as you started it the first time".  Oh but wait, that
> didn't specify the front end, KDE, or FC5.
>
> Kinda rough there, don't you think?

I think what Mike was trying to say (albeit, not very diplomatically),
is that what you saw was probably just the interface redrawing (which it
will do whenever you come out of the interface configuration settings).
This is not, however, the entire application restarting itself (I'm not
sure this is even possible on Linux - I've certainly never seen it
done) which is what's required for more major interface changes to
take place.

HTH,
        Robin
--