[mythtv-users] Dual-tuner oddities

Ben lists at benlancaster.co.uk
Wed Sep 13 22:59:37 UTC 2006

Hey,

So, I have two identical tuners (assigned to the same source) on my MythTV box. Now, let's sat I'm watching one channel just as a show is due to start recording on another channel - MythTV asks me what I'd like to do, and none of the options imply "record with the other tuner" - surely it'd make more sense for it to just start recording the other show using the redundant tuner? Is this expected behaviour, or have I missed a config option somewhere?

The biggest problem with this for me is that if I'm watching something, pause it and pop up the shop for a pack of Digestives just as another show is due to start recording, I'll miss the other show as the dialogue box disappears.

Any pointers?

Ben