[mythtv-users] G.A.N.T takes 99% cpu to display menu

Dennis Lou dlou99 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 14 07:09:11 UTC 2006

I usually use GANT and decided to give the opengl
painter a try.  The effects look interesting, but
just sitting there at the top level menu takes 99%
CPU.  Amusing that watching live TV brings it down to
30% or so.  I take it that the pulsating MythTV logo
is what's eating up all the CPU.  This is on a
nForce3 board with a FX5200 and Sempron64 2800.

Anyway, it seems that my two options are going
back to qt-painter or switching to Blue (default)
theme.  Am I missing anything?

As interesting as opengl effects are, I'm leaning
towards going back to qt so I can keep G.A.N.T.

-Dennis