[mythtv-users] mytharchive themes

Roy Lofthouse lofty69 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 07:42:33 UTC 2006

On 13/09/06, Paul Harrison <mythtv at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

> Roy Lofthouse wrote:
> > Well I updated to .20 (excellent work everyone) and finally got to
> > play with mytharchive.  This is a great addition to myth, and I have
> > now started to have a go at making my own themes...
> >
> > One question (for the moment:)..  how do the intro mpg files get
> > created?  I tried putting in my own but the process just hangs when it
> > comes to adding this file
> >
> There's nothing special about the intros they are just regular mpeg2
> files.  They do need to have a DVD compliant  resolution. All the
> current intros use 720x576 for PAL and 720x480 for NTSC. The audio track
> probably should be AC3 for maximum compatibility. Just put them with the
> other intros in your MythTV share directory and change the theme.xml
> file you are using to point to the new intro.
>
> If you come up with any interesting new themes I'd  like to take a look
> and maybe add them to MythArchive :-)
>
> Paul H.

Thanks Paul,

Here's what I done to gethe mpg clip...

I edited the original recording in myth so that I only had the section I
wanted
I then ran this through mytharchive using SP to ensure it was pal and dvd
compliant
Added the new mpg to the intro folder and edited my xml accordingly.

In the logs I'm getting a timeout error and assume this is my mpg file as if
I switch back to the original intro the iso builds ok.

If you lke I can send you the mpg file so yuo can check it?

Thanks again.  Nice work btw :-)