[mythtv-users] Error Transcoding HD H264 v0.2 11156

Andrew Lyon andrew.lyon at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 08:49:03 UTC 2006

On 9/13/06, Steve Hill <steve at nexusuk.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Sep 2006, Ivan Kowalenko wrote:
>
> >> Using v0.2 11156 I can receive BBC HD test channel (Satellite) but am
> >> unable to play it in realtime, even with core 2 duo 2.4 ghz cpu, I
> >> believe that is becuase it is H264 with MBAFF, so I decided to try
> >> recording and transcoding it, recording worked fine (as did commercial
> >> flagging) but transcoding gave a error, I get the same error if I try
> >> to transcode from command line using mythtranscode:
>
> For the record, I'm also having decoding problems from BBC-HD received
> from DVB-S.  However, I haven't done enough investigation yet to work out
> if the problem is with the decoder or the actual source data (i.e.
> corruption or buffer overruns during recording).
>
> I can provide example recordings though if anyone else wants to look at
> the problem (but by virtue of being HD they won't be small).

What problems are you having? I am able to "watch" the channel
although the video stutters  a lot, it will play a few seconds then
pause for a few seconds then resume playback.

I recorded a programme and then used mencoder to transcode it to xvid,
that worked fine.

I will try the patches suggested in this thread, if they work I will
try to add a proper transcoder profile for h264.. i dont think it
would be that hard to get it done.

Andy