[mythtv-users] Error Transcoding HD H264 v0.2 11156

Andrew Lyon andrew.lyon at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 14:29:06 UTC 2006

> On Thursday 14 September 2006 13:27, Steve Hill wrote:
> > 2. The data is being received corrupt due to interference or poor signal -
> > seems unlikely since I can get SD channels without any problem.
>
> You're assuming that the transmitted signal strength is the same for SD and
> HD. This is a limited trial transmitted at low power from Crystal Palace. It
> is only available within the North Circular, and even then, there's probably
> black spots.

You're assuming that we talking about bbc hd from dvb-t, we are not, I
am using dvb-s and from Stephen's mention of nova-s and LNB I conclude
he is also using dvb-s.

Stephen, it could be that your system simply cannot decode h264 in
realtime, have you tried using mencoder to transcode a recording to
xvid? you may find that the xvid plays ok.

Andy