[mythtv-users] Problem with live TV since upgrading to 0.20

Simon sdyson at themaelstrom.co.uk
Thu Sep 14 19:39:07 UTC 2006

Since upgrading to 0.20 a few days ago I have had a problem watching
Channel 4 (UK) even though all other channels are fine. When switching
to channel 4 the screen just hangs and if I'm lucky I can switch back to
another channel. I noticed it 3 evenings ago and ran mythtv-setup to
remove and rescan all channels to see if that would fix it but had no joy.

The following morning it seemed to be working again so I thought the
problem had gone away. But since then I have been able to watch channel
4 in the morning before going to work but by the evening it doesn't
work. Have any other UK users experienced this problem? I had a look in
the logs and the only potential error I could see was a message about a
parser not being found for a certain codec ID.
If no one has any immediate ideas I'll try and post a section from the
log file a bit later.