[mythtv-users] Higer load in .20

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Sep 14 21:55:46 UTC 2006

On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 04:08:12PM -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Thursday 14 September 2006 2:24 pm, John Lundell wrote:
> > I too am having huge problems with HD playback on 0.20.  It is unwatchable
> > on my P4 3.0 processor.  On 0.19 using libmpeg2, bob deint with 1080i
> > input, mythfrontend was at about 70% cpu and X was at about 30%.  Since
> > this was running SMP on a hyperthreading processor, it was fine.  Now on
> > 0.20, the frontend is at 99.9% and the playback stutters.  I have tried
> > turning on or off OpenGL Vsync, using XvMC (which reduces the CPU usage to
> > 30% but still stutters), and nothing works.  In both cases (0.19 and 0.20)
> > I am using Axel's packages from ATrpms (thanks for these!).
>
> Everyone with this problem seems to be using the RPMs (at least, of those that
> have made a distinction).  I have to wonder if it's something like MMX
> support accidentally getting disabled in the packages..

Oops, sorry, that's indeed the case. I ripped out my old flags/mmx
settings and thought that the configure script would do the right
thing if passed 2xi686, but I was wrong :/

New builds scheduled and will hit the repo in a couple of hours (at
least for the most wanted distributions).
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net