[mythtv-users] MythArchive help, please

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Sep 14 22:13:07 UTC 2006

John P Poet wrote:
> On 9/14/06, Paul Harrison <mythtv at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
>
>> Ouch!! Apologies for that. It looks like a nasty bug has crept in
>> somewhere. I know it was working fine because I used it to transfer
>> several recording between my production box and my dev box a little
>> while ago. Looks like the saveDirectory isn't being passed on to the
>> script properly.
>>
>> Paul H.
>>

> Thanks Paul.  I run from the svn, so just let me know when it is
> fixed, and I will give it another try.

Should be fixed in both trunk and fixes now.

> Should I expect it to work when the frontend & backend are on
> different machines?

Simple answer is no. For the moment MythArchive  is only guaranteed to
work on combined frontend/backends. I know a couple of people have got
it to work with a remote frontend connecting to a single master backend.
I think the way they did it was to setup an nfs share and change the
'RecordFilePrefix' setting in the DB on the frontend to point to the
share. Getting it to work with several slave backends is not possible at
the moment I don't think but is something I'd like to fix eventually.

> I *really* like this feature, since I want to transfer some recording
> from one backend to another.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> John

Paul H.