[mythtv-users] HELP Mythfrontend hangs post playback of any recording

Edgar Sigal esigal at insidewire.com
Fri Sep 15 00:43:54 UTC 2006

I am running Myth 0.19 on an FC5 (combined front & backend).
The backend is functioning fine and on startup the frontend functions
correctly, I can watch live TV, peruse the list of previously recorded
shows.
Once I start to watch a previously recorded show, I can fast forward, rewind
etc.
Once I press stop or the recording finishes, the front end attempts to
return to the list of previously recorded shows, however the screen appears
with no data, and the frontend becomes unresponsive.

The backend continues to function and record programs but I must kill the
front end process and then restart it on the machine.

Any help is appreciated, thanks

Edgar Sigal
Insidewire Services Inc.
E. esigal at insidewire.com