[mythtv-users] FC5 Upgrade 0.19 -> 0.20 - Painless?

gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) glandix at lloydnet.org
Fri Sep 15 02:19:35 UTC 2006

Shanon Mulley wrote:
> So, I'm hanging back until the all the little issues with the
> repository have been sorted out.
>
> So, I my question is to those who have upgraded on FC5 from 0.19 -
> 0.20 - how painless is it at the moment? Are there any issues that
> have arisen during the upgrade? Or should I wait another week or two
> for my "Painless upgrade"?

well, if you consider doing:
'yum upgrade' on backend
'yum upgrade' on frontend
'init 3' on frontend
'/etc/init.d/mythbackend restart' on backend
'init 5' on frontend

painless, then, yes, i would say it's fairly painless ;) ... i actually
had no problems except that my links in the data directory for mythweb
needed to be recreated and i had to go in and switch to opengl for
mythui ...

i haven't played any dvds yet, so i don't know about the defaulting to
the internal dvd player over xine (however, i believe i read the xine
setting is saved somewhere in the db anyway .. besides, you made a db
backup first, right? :P)

other than a few cosmetic bugs in mythweb, i haven't had any of the
problems others have written about (tho' if axel's released the new
rpms, that should help a lot of people) ... i also don't have HD, so ymmv

good luck! :)

-g-