[mythtv-users] Connect DVI to an old TV

Sam Wong sam at hellosam.net
Fri Sep 15 03:36:52 UTC 2006

Sergei Gerasenko wrote:

>My TV is pretty old and only has a coax input. My PC has a DVI output on
>the video card. Is there a way to connect the two?

Coax input, i.e. for modulated channel only? Not even
RCA/Composite/SVideo/SCART? Then your TV is really old, I would bet it's
15+ years?

Besides converting DVI to analog output, i.e. DVI->VGA (RGB) +
VGA->Composite/SVideo, you also need a modulator...I doubt if one is
avaiable.
May be you can grab an VCR unit, plug to the Composite input of that
VCR, and TV tuned to the VCR channel.