[mythtv-users] make mythtv forget

Paul Wheeler paulrwheeler at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 09:31:26 UTC 2006

On 9/15/06, David Grant <davidgrant at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to tell mythtv to "forget" that it recorded something?
> Let's say it recorded a particular episode of something, but then someone
> accidentally deleted it. But now I don't want to mythtv to think that I've
> already seen it and ignore it in the future.

I do my scheduling in mythweb and there it has an option called
duplicate check or method (something like that) and you can set it to
current recordings only rather than the default (I think) of current
and presious recordings. I presume there is a similar setting in
mythfronted (I have never scheduled that way though).

If it is just one specific instance then you can delete it and select
allow rerecord.

If all of that fails to satisfy the problem find the line in the
database that refers to the recording and remove it (checking that you
keep the database consistent).

Paul