[mythtv-users] HD vs non HD cards

Tim Litwiller timlitw at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 17:10:17 UTC 2006

What recommendations would the list have as far a capture cards for this
situation.

In our area we can get 5 channel SD and 3 channels HD with a good antenna.
there are other channels in our zap2it listing but we can't recieve them
where we live.

the SD & HD channels overlap so there are really only 5 channels.  On 2 the
"snow" on the SD channels is
bad but the HD version of those works fine most of the time.

I want to only use the 2 of the SD channels and the 3 HD channels and hide
the sd channels that are snowy.

so what card or cards can make this as seamless as possible - so if possible
we can just tune up or done channels
seamlessly if we are looking for something live.  And so the system doesn't
have problems with recording from the snowy sd channel
when it could get a better recording from the hd channel.