[mythtv-users] Most Reliable FS. XFS maybe causing crash

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 03:15:54 UTC 2006

> Anyway, I am going to move of XFS.
> Question, is ext3 the MOST reliable ( but performant enough ) FS to go with?
> Reliability at this point is pretty critical so....
> I was using XFS on Jerods guide recommend but JFS may also be an option but I
> know little about it.
> What are others knowledge and experience?

I was using XFS on a FC3 box until a week ago. I've now moved to a FC5
box with JFS instead of XFS and have had no problems so far. From what
I can gather ext3 seems pretty good these days too as long as it's got
some patch in it which allows fast deletes (I think). I don't know how
you check whether it has the patch, though.

Regards,
Phill