[mythtv-users] mytharchive/mythreplex fails

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Sep 16 10:50:04 UTC 2006

On Sat, Sep 16, 2006 at 09:24:37AM +0100, Paul Harrison wrote:
> Thomas Börkel wrote:
> > HI!
> >
> > Paul Harrison wrote:
> >
> >> valgrind --tool=memcheck --error-limit=no --leak-check=full
> >> --log-file=mythreplex-valgrind.log -v -- mythreplex --demux
> >> --fix_sync -o /extra/tmp/work/1/stream -v 224 -a 192
> >> "/extra/tmp/work/1/newfile.mpg"
> >
> > Attaching log.
> >
> >> If you are really lucky you may just be able to run mythreplex under
> >> gdb and get a backtrace but the stack may be too badly corrupted to
> >> get anything useful.
> >
> > I do not have debug version of MythTV installed.
> >
> > Thomas
>
> Unfortunately at a first glance the log doesn't show anything useful
> mainly because mythreplex hasn't got the debugging information compiled in.
>
> It looks like you are using Fedora Core. Are you using Axels rpms? Does
> he not have debug versions available?

No, the packages are built with --compile-type=release. But if one
picks the src.rpm and does a

rpmbuild --rebuild --with debug ...

the result will be with --compile-type=debug.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net