[mythtv-users] My Perennial Problems with XvMC

Mathew Elliot matelliot at internode.on.net
Sat Sep 16 11:32:08 UTC 2006

>Enter GeForce 6200.Nvidia claims XvMC is fully supported on this model so
I should see some serious >improvement.I replace the old 4200 in the >FC4
box and fire up Myth.I enter live TV and go to my favorite
>.HD channel and BAM!Reacts exactly the same as before--for about 3
seconds.Then the picture starts >deteriorating in what some people may
have described as "tearing."A few sections of the picture change to a
>different color (or scene maybe--it's hard to tell).The sections grow
until the entire screen is covered >in garbage, and I think the system
crashes/stalls,  haven't really let it go this far lately, but I'm pretty
>sure something bad happens.

According to the nvidia forums the 6200 is not actually XvMC enabled under
8756  or from what I can gather under 8774 either...  - I know because Ive
been struggling to get mine doing XvMC

Refer to this thread -
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68030&highlight=XvmC+6200

Mine produces the same errors as you've posted later and the same errors
with mplayer as is in the linked thread.... damnit I bought this card cause
it was the cheapest supposedly XvMC enabled PCIe card... and now it's not -
apparently all the cards >6600 work fine with XvMC... ripped off!