[mythtv-users] Audio Buffer Underruns with XvMC and HD in 0.20

Randall Blecher randallb at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 19:56:31 UTC 2006

I was using the Debian packages from debian-multimedia.org.  I also tried
compiling mythtv from the Debian packages' source and then today I tried
compiling mythtv from the SVN version.  All three versions of the frontend
have the same problem.

I'm using XvMC with OpenGL Vsync and CPU usage is generally in the 60-90%
> range when viewing HD material (this is normal for me).   There doesn't seem
> to be any CPU spike when I get the WriteAudio underruns.  And I also have
> the Extra Audio buffering enables.  No deinterlace either.

I also tried using OpenGL Vsync, but that doesn't seem to have any effect
either.  My CPU is usually 40-60%.

It does seem to vary depending on the channel.  CBS and NBC seem to have
much less frequent underruns than FOX (I only tested this for about 15
minutes though).  But a recording from FOX that played fine with
0.19produces the underruns with
0.20.