[mythtv-users] Audio Buffer Underruns with XvMC and HD in 0.20

Randall Blecher randallb at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 00:48:28 UTC 2006

I went through the XvMC page on the MythTV wiki (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/XvMC#Tips_and_Tricks ) and compared my
settings with it.  One of the suggestions is to run the nvidia-settings
utility and try disabling the "Sync to VBlank" toggles.  Apparently, I had
these both checked.

Unchecking the "Video Texture Adaptor" checkbox seems to have fixed the
problem.

I still get underruns when the GUI fades away and when I seek, pause, etc.
But they seem to be infrequent now when playing.

Thanks for all of your suggestions.