[mythtv-users] OT: Editing a MythTV File and Creating a DVD

Douglas Wagner douglasw0 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 05:15:58 UTC 2006

Ok, so I didn't read what you had typed previously as well as I thought I
had.  I just ran into creating my own cutpoints and editing my recordings
through MythTV.  Ok, so now i'm a really happy camper. :)

I DO have some questions however..

Someone mentioned "Load your comercial cut points as starting points" how
would I go about this?  Is there a guide assisting me with some of the
commands available to me for editing video through Myth TV?

I noticed in the 10 second EXTENSIVE review I did of this feature (*grin*)
that my options for cutting is cut from here to the beginning or cut from
here to the end.  That assists me with the basics of what I need, but what
about if there are problems with commercials in the middle that arn't caught
by the commercial flagging?  I would be happy to mark them but can I set 2
points and say "cut between these two points"?

Thanks for hanging with me on this potentially hopeless thread. :)

--Douglas Wagner