[mythtv-users] Fresh Install - Not Saving Upcoming Recordings

Kris Steinwender mythtv at steiney.com
Sun Sep 17 11:28:15 UTC 2006

Hi all,

    Working on a fresh install of .20. Front/Backend communications work
great, mythbackend is working like a charm - ditto for
DVD transcoding. Having an issue with the tuner though (PVR-250). While
it's setup and I've got the channels fetching correctly,
whenever I schedule a recording, it never happens.

    Via the web-ui, "Upcoming Recordings" is always empty. This is
regardless of whether I set up a manual record or if I choose
a program through the guide.

    In the "Backend Status", nothing is queued. For testing purposes, I
deleted the PVR-250 and re-added it via mythtv-setup .
I noticed this increased the Encoder # to "Encoder 5". However, it still
didn't solve my problem.

    At a bit of a whits end, the card definitely works (cat /dev/video0
 > /tmp/test.mpg) gives me a viewable file.

    Help! :)

-Kris