[mythtv-users] recorded programs list

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Sep 17 19:09:42 UTC 2006

On 09/17/2006 02:31 PM, Sergei Gerasenko wrote:
> I deleted all recorded shows using mythfronend, but mythcommflag is
> still aware of the recordings I deleted because some of them are still
> in the database. I think it's my fault that the discrepancy exists
> because I think I deleted a couple of files directly from the directory
> some time ago :)
>
> Anyway, mythcommflag segfaults because the files don't exist on the disk
> but they are still in the "recordedprogram" table. Can I just delete the
> records I don't care about from that table or is this table referenced
> by some other table?  What's the best way to handle this?

In current 0.19-fixes and 0.20-fixes, mythfrontend will allow you to
delete recordings even if the file doesn't exist.  Using mythfrontend to
do the deletes will ensure they're deleted correctly.  Not using
mythfrontend, you're likely to leave a /lot/ of extra data about the
recording in the database.

Are you saying there are no recordings listed in mythfrontend's Watch
Recordings/Delete Recordings screens?  Have you verified you're not
using a filter or looking at the wrong recording group?  Perhaps some of
these are LiveTV recordings (and you'll need to change the recording
group to LiveTV to see them so you can explicitly delete them).

http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Q:_Why_aren.27t_my_new_recordings_showing_up_in_Watch_Recordings.3F

Mike