[mythtv-users] KnoppMyth ver R5D1 -- HDa0 100% full

cossaboon.mythtv at mac.com cossaboon.mythtv at mac.com
Sun Sep 17 19:25:45 UTC 2006

Twice in as many days HDa0 (boot disk) has goon 100% full. Is this
normal?

I checked the logs, and there are a bunch of log in attempts, so I
assumed the first time, I was hacked, and they did something, what, I
have no idea, but Myth likes a bit of room on HDa0.

So I upgraded to R5D1, and (dummy me) used the same usernames and
passwords. I did that on Friday night, and today, 100% full on Disk
HDa0.

Now

du -ah | sort -rn | more

did not show a file bigger than a Meg (the drive partition is 4.4Gig).

I did some drastic measures to get Myth working to save some
recordings.... (RM the source directories of the Kernel).

I am up, I will copy the files to my Mac, then try another 'upgrade'
but use different passwords, (and for the time being removed the PAT
statements from the Router).

Question.... is there some process that could cause HDa0 to go 100%
full? (I checked mail and there was none).

Kevin Cossaboon
17293 Magic Mountain Dr
Round Hill, VA 20141
540-338-5598