[mythtv-users] mytharchive

John Schmitt schmitt.j at comcast.net
Mon Sep 18 03:49:40 UTC 2006

On Sunday 17 September 2006 19:17, Carl Fongheiser wrote:
> On 9/17/06, John Schmitt <schmitt.j at comcast.net> wrote:
> > I tried burning a DVD today.  See the log below for error messages.
> >
> > I have some questions:
> >
> > 1. What is buitin_dd?  I know there's a 'builtin_dd' built into busybox,
[...]>
> "builtin_dd" is part of growisofs.  It's not a stand-alone program.
>
> Carl Fongheiser

There's no mention of it in the man page and there is no mention of it in /usr/share/doc/dvd+rw-tools-5.21.4.10.8-6/index.html.

In any case, I don't get how it works.  With a command like

mkisofs -dvd-video -V MythTV BurnDVD /tmp/work/dvd | builtin_dd of=/dev/dvd obs=32k seek=0

is mkisofs parsing the pipe character?

John