[mythtv-users] 0.20 slow menu change with OpenGL but *NOT* using high CPU

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Mon Sep 18 11:47:19 UTC 2006

   I've had to turn off using the OpenGL menus† because with my fav. theme
GANT it's taking ~2s. to change between menus, fading the images in & out.

   This is true on both my main PVR & PC (both nVidia) and my Vaio laptop
(intel gfx).  *None* of them exhibit any CPU strain, it just seems to take a
while.

   However, if I use, say, the MythCenter theme, which has smaller icons,
it's much faster and looks good as it fades.  Other themes with large images
also take along time, so it seems that that is a factor.

   Any ideas?

† - should I be seeing anything else using OpenGl on top of the fading men
transitions?

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature