[mythtv-users] 0.20 slow menu change with OpenGL but *NOT* usinghigh CPU

Andrew Ingram adingram at clara.co.uk
Mon Sep 18 17:26:46 UTC 2006

> Around about 18/09/06 12:51, Martin Long typed ...
> > Hmm... I was getting the same, but then OpenGL isn't
> supported on my card.
> > It could be using the OpenGL reference driver - have you got the
> > correct OpenGL drivers for your card installed?
>
>    I'm using nVidia's on my PVR & main PC, and the Xorg
> default on my laptop;  all the same, no excess CPU usage
> (also, e.g., glxgears is fine) but just slow menu transition.
>  And only on those themes with large graphics.

I'm seeing this too. Again, nVidia driver (8774 I think). Next to no CPU
usage. I'm using the MythCenter theme normally, but thought I'd take a look
at GANT to see this flashing background logo it's now got. Switched straight
back since the fades were so slow. Fades on MythCenter are silky smooth but
pretty slow/ugly on GANT.

Andrew