[mythtv-users] running something on every channel change

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Sep 18 17:28:13 UTC 2006

On 09/16/06 14:56, Neale Pickett wrote:

>My ASUS DigiMatrix requires, for some reason, the following command to be run
>after every channel change:
>
>  amixer -c 1 sset Video,0 nocap; amixer -c 1 sset Video,0 cap

What capture card/chip?

>Basically, I have to turn off capturing and then turn it back on, on a
>particular mixer control of ALSA card #2.  I don't know why.

Might want to check out mythtv-setup's setting (for the capture card):

Do not adjust volume
Enable this option for budget BT878 based DVB-T cards such as the AverTV
DVB-T which require the audio volume to be left alone.

Or
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2238

Or
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/224265#224265

>Anyway, is there any sneaky way to get MythTV to do this for me, while
>watching TV and recording programs?  Currently I have it doing this every
>minute in cron but that's up to a 1-minute delay.
>
>I saw the "channel change command" in the mythtv-setup

And that's the only existing way to have Myth run a script on channel
change/recording start.

> but I don't know how to
>change the channel from the command line.  If there's a program I could use
>to do that, I could wrap all three commands in a shell script and use that.

Without that knowledge, there's nothing available in Myth to do this.

Mike