[mythtv-users] [Norton AntiSpam] Re: MythArchive error: Failed to get time formats from the DB

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Sep 18 17:33:41 UTC 2006

Gary Dawes wrote:

> On 18/09/06, *Dave* <dbadia at gmail.com <mailto:dbadia at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     On 9/16/06, *Paul Harrison* < mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
>     <mailto:mythtv at dsl.pipex.com>> wrote:
>
>         Dave wrote:
>         > Upgraded to myth .20-fixes rev 11193 last night, works great
>         except
>         > for MythArchive.
>         > trying to archive a few recording to an ISO and getting:
>         >
>         > mythburn.py (0.1.20060910-1 ) starting up...
>         > Process priority -2
>         > script path:/usr/local/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts
>         > myth share path:/usr/local/share/mythtv
>         > passed job file: /var/local/media/tmp/config/mydata.xml
>         > passed progress log file: /var/local/media/tmp/logs/progress.log
>         > mythburn.py (0.1.20060910-1) starting up...
>         > Obtaining MythTV settings from MySQL database for hostname
>         dawkins
>         > Obtaining date and time settings from MySQL database for
>         hostname dawkins
>         > ************************************************************
>         > ERROR: Failed to get time formats from the DB
>         > ************************************************************
>         >
>         >
>         > Searched the forums, but couldn't find anything on this
>         one.  Any
>         > thoughts?
>         >
>         > Thanks!
>         > Dave
>         >

>         If you run this query in mysql what is the result?
>
>         SELECT value,data FROM settings WHERE (hostname='dawkins' AND
>         value IN
>         ('DateFormat', 'ShortDateFormat', 'TimeFormat')) ORDER BY value;
>
>         Paul H.

>     mysql> SELECT value,data FROM settings WHERE (hostname='dawkins'
>     AND value IN
>
>         -> ('DateFormat', 'ShortDateFormat', 'TimeFormat')) ORDER BY
>     value;
>     +-----------------+-----------+
>     | value           | data      |
>     +-----------------+-----------+
>     | DateFormat      | ddd MMM d |
>     | DateFormat      | ddd MMM d |
>     | ShortDateFormat | M/d       |
>     | ShortDateFormat | M/d       |
>     | TimeFormat      | h:mm AP   |
>     | TimeFormat      | h:mm AP   |
>     +-----------------+-----------+
>     6 rows in set (0.03 sec)
>

> Just to add, I get the same error. running that mysql query for me
> gives the following result. I'm running the latest knoppmyth in the UK.
>
> mysql> SELECT value,data FROM settings WHERE (hostname='mythtv' AND
> value IN
>     -> ('DateFormat', 'ShortDateFormat', 'TimeFormat')) ORDER BY value;
> +-----------------+-----------+
> | value           | data      |
> +-----------------+-----------+
> | DateFormat      | ddd MMM d |
> | DateFormat      | ddd MMM d |
> | ShortDateFormat | dd/MM     |
> [...]

It's caused by having two or more entries for the same setting and same
host name. The script doesn't handle that possibility at all.

There is several ways to fix it.

1. Remove the duplicate entries.
2. Update to current svn trunk.
3. Modify the script to be not so fussy about duplicate entries.

Paul H.