[mythtv-users] Moving existing Myth Box --- DVB channel database help .au

Babstar debian-list at blueturtles.com
Mon Sep 18 23:34:25 UTC 2006

Hi,
      I'm moving and existing Mythtv setup from Victoria to NSW.
Currently I use tv_grab_au (datasource d1.com.au).
I don't have a good grasp of how the channels in the database work.  I
assume that channum is used to determine recording schedules.  Thus when
I move, if the channum remains constant all will be well. As an example
ABC Melbourne has channum =2 , will ABC Sydney also have channum = 2.
Are the channum constant within Australia?

So far my thoughts are:
* Backup database
* Move location
* mythtv-setup,
       Video Sources --> d1.com.au
                             ---> run tv_grab_au and *change* regions
* mythtv-setup  Channel  Run DVB scan
* mythfilldatabase
* mythfrontend
* Enjoy

Will this work?  Any suggestions appreciated.

--
Ben