[mythtv-users] Update channel icons for your area (was Re: Sky Channel Icons)

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Sep 19 10:01:12 UTC 2006

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 09/18/06 12:57, Andrew Lyon wrote:
>

>> Has anybody got some nice sky channel icons they could share? Ive
>> googled and found a few but some are of low quality or incorrect shape
>> (rectangular), e.g. sky 1, I will roll my own if necessary but I feel
>> sure there must be some good ones somwhere!
>>

> http://www.lyngsat-logo.com/ and, feel free to update the SVN version of
> the master_iconmap data to link to the appropriate icons so others may
> benefit from your efforts. ;)
>
> See http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2365 for an example (the new patch
> is post 0.20).  You can do this even if you don't run SVN.  Just do a
> checkout with:
>
> svn co http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythtv/contrib/master_iconmap
>
> Then edit data/{baseurl,callsigntonetwork,networktourl}.txt and test it
> with:
>
> ./build_map.pl
>
> (in the master_iconmap directory)
>
> Then, run:
>
> mythfilldatabase --reset-icon-map all
> mythfilldatabase --import-icon-map master_iconmap.xml --update-icon-map
>
> /as the user who runs the mythfrontend program/ from the master_iconmap
> directory to test.  (Verify all your channels have icons.  If you test
> with MythWeb, you'll have to delete MythWeb's icon cache with "rm
> /var/www/htdocs/mythtv/data/tv_icons/*" (change path as appropriate)).
>
> And, finally, run
>
> svn diff > ~/master_iconmap-sky.patch
>
> from the master_iconmap directory to create a patch for Trac.
>
> Mike

I'm curious how this is going to work for the UK because we don't use
call signs like in the US. So when different people set up there
channels they could use different call signs for the same channel. Even
the channel names can be different depending on what the source of the
channel is or the personal preference of the user.

Paul H.