[mythtv-users] PATH, QTDIR, and qmake

Robin Hill myth at robinhill.me.uk
Tue Sep 19 15:21:53 UTC 2006

On Tue Sep 19, 2006 at 09:04:29AM -0600, scott at tbwifi.ca wrote:

> Thx Robin,
> Maybe you can shed some light on my situation.  I originally missed the
> step to set the PATH and QTDIR.  I ran qmake, make, and make install and a
> great deal seemed to happen...newbee :^).  However, when I tried to setup
> the database and or run mythtv-setup things didn't appear to be complete.
> I caught the step I missed in the doc, and have since fixed them and
> started the qmake process again.  Is this possibly what was wrong with the
> first try?
> SFS

I'm not familiar with Mandriva, but the steps you're following seem to
be the same as I have to do with Gentoo.  Presumably you have both QT3
and QT4 installed, in which case /usr/bin/qmake will be the QT4 version
(qmake -v will tell you the version and what libraries it's using).  The
problem being that MythTV won't compile against QT4 (it gets quite a way
but falls over eventually).  If you've run a compile with the QT4
version of qmake, then you'll need to do a 'make distclean' and start
again, otherwise the Makefiles aren't regenerated and still point to the
QT4 directories.  So, the process should be to set the PATH and QTDIR
variables to point to the QT3 location, do a 'make distclean', then
configure and make as normal.

HTH,
        Robin
--