[mythtv-users] Nuvexport / ffmpeg / Floating point exception

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Sep 19 16:28:02 UTC 2006

> It failed on the second pass.  I've since figured out how to rpmbuild
> -ba and then install the resulting packages. And after much stumbling
> around in the dark I ended up installing, removing, upgrading and
> downgrading quite a few packages via smart to satisfy a build
> dependency (and conflicts with libavcodec, libavutil & libavformat)
> for ffmpeg-0.4.9-1.r5779.src.rpm.  However I'm now exporting my 2nd
> file without an issue, so I must have got something right.

The conflicts are due to atrpms splitting ffmpeg into different package
names than I do.  I've found that Axel's ffmpeg packages don't support
as many formats as others, and none of the repos use the svn version,
which is required for ipod-compatible h.264 exporting.  So I wrote my
own spec (the other repos have been given my changes and will catch up
eventually).

> There must have been a straight forward way to get to where my
> machine is now, but I'll be damned if I could figure it out at the
> time.

Unfortunately, there is no easy solution to use all of those
repositories together.  The people who run them have too many different
philosophies about how to organize/name packages.

There is still a glimmer of hope on the horizon that a new merged
repository will form, but it's likely still a long way off

> It appears to be working (and quite a bit faster I might add
> 33fps -> 47fps+) so I'm going to try and not touch anything.  8)

Hopefully the quality has also improved.

-Chris