[mythtv-users] IR Blaster and Channel change script for Myth TV

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Sep 19 19:15:05 UTC 2006

On Sep 19, 2006, at 12:03 PM, PROTEK wrote:

> I have not tried the Smart Blaster - But I will buy one even if it
> cost a couple dollars to get my Digital Box working.
> My time is worth something and there is ZERO good information about
> using and IR Blaster.. ( they are a waist of money as far as I am
> concerned )
> I have been trying to get one working for over 6 months, now I have
> just been waiting for another solution to come along.
> Every time it comes up here it is just avoided and there is no
> "good" documentation I have found that is actually relevant to
> simply changing a channel on a STB from mythtv..

I got mine working with the help of this:
http://losdos.dyndns.org:8080/public/mythtv-info/
MythTV_DISH_IR_LED_TX_via_Modified_LIRC.html

I wasn't using Knoppmyth so some of the info I had to modify to suit
my needs. I did get it changing channels on my DirecTV D11 but it
missed so many channel changes that I finally went the serial port-