[mythtv-users] New system: hard freezes - looking for help !

list at onnow.net list at onnow.net
Tue Sep 19 22:29:26 UTC 2006

I was having a similar problem.  I think I have the exact same
motherboard too.  Do you have XFS as your /video filesystem type?
2.6.17 kernel?  Get rid of XFS and install EXT3 instead.  I have not
had a crash yet after changing to EXT3.  I was getting crashed under
load like you.  If not XFS, then try disabling the built in NIC and
put in a PCI one.