[mythtv-users] Update channel icons for your area (was Re: Sky Channel Icons)

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 01:48:15 UTC 2006

On 19/09/06, Paul Harrison <mythtv at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

> I'm curious how this is going to work for the UK because we don't use
> call signs like in the US. So when different people set up there
> channels they could use different call signs for the same channel. Even
> the channel names can be different depending on what the source of the
> channel is or the personal preference of the user.

Justin Hornsby has proposed and is working on a possible solution to
this issue for UK users. I'm helping out with aggregating all of the
channel data for UK providers and have so far finished analogue,
FreeView and ntl:, with Sky to go. I have also processed the entire
uk_rt grabber's channel_ids file (which I've been maintaining) and
have icon URLs for the entire contents.

The idea of the application is that a user can select which provider
and package(s) they have and then all of the channel lineups and icons
are automatically downloaded so that they will work immediately with
the uk_rt grabber from the XMLTV project. This should make setting up
cable/satellite lineups much less painful.

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/