[mythtv-users] Problems playing old recordings on 0.20

Dale E. Martin dale at the-martins.org
Wed Sep 20 13:07:23 UTC 2006

> I upgraded my myth setup to 0.20 the other day and since then none of
> the recordings made during 0.19 will play anymore. The frontend
> switches to a blank screen and then the video never appears, also the
> video preview doesn't appear in the recordings listing. I've checked
> the obvious things (file exists, is accessibly by the backend, is
> playable in a media player, recordings table entry looks sane, etc).
> I also checked that this happens on the linux frontend (all my
> usually frontends are run on macs) which it does.

I've noticed that noone has replied to this so I thought I'd chip in my
$0.02.  I was running 0.17 with a bttv capture card (a $28 generic conexant
card), and then when 0.19 came out I upgraded and went to dual Plextor USB
tuners.

The recordings made from the Plextors in 0.19 work fine in 0.20.  The
recordings made in 0.17 on the bttv tunner exhibit the symptoms you mention
above - it switches over like it's going to play them, the screen goes
blank, and after a pause it comes back out to the "watch recordings" like
it's done.  Fortunately, I only had two of those old recordings and I
deleted them and don't really care.

The only other weirdness I see in 0.20 is that the preview videos on the
"watch recordings" screen have strange colors - even in recordings made
since I've upgraded.

These two issues were minor for me and overall I'm really liking myth 0.20
- thanks for all for all of the hard work!

Take care,
  Dale
Dale E. Martin - dale at the-martins.org
http://the-martins.org/~dmartin