[mythtv-users] ac3 passthrough problems

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Thu Sep 21 09:49:36 UTC 2006

HI!

Michael T. Dean wrote:

>> Using the .asoundrc from the HowTo, you should be able to set normal
>> device to ALSA:dmix-digital and passthrough device to ALSA:digital-hw
>>
>  From the .asoundrc:
>
> ##### DEVICE NAMES #####
> # This configuration file defines four devices for use by the user. Those
> # devices are "analog", "mixed-analog", "digital", and "mixed-digital".
> # All other devices created within this file are used only by the
> configuration
> # file itself and should /not/ be used directly. In other words, do not use
> # the devices "analog-hw", "dmix-analog", "digital-hw", or "dmix-digital".

 From the .asoundrc:

pcm.!default {
   type plug
## Uncomment the following to use "mixed-analog" by default
   slave.pcm "dmix-analog"
## Uncomment the following to use (unmixed) "digital" by default
#  slave.pcm "digital-hw"
## Uncomment the following to use "mixed-digital" by default
#  slave.pcm "dmix-digital"
}

If I use ALSA:default in MythTV and use slave.pcm "digital-hw" in the
pcm.!default section, do I not use digital-hw then?

Thomas