[mythtv-users] MythWeather - Don't trust the data

William Munson wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Thu Sep 21 20:25:06 UTC 2006

craig lovold wrote:
> So, what's the deal with MythWeather?  The current temp it displays is
> usually way off (yesterday at this time?) by up to 12 degrees.  Right
> now it says weather data from 2:15 PM and the icon shows a starry sky.
> The forecast for the next few days is usually way off from other sources
> (weather channel, local news, etc).
>
> In 0.19 it was showing data for the wrong days.  At least in 0.20 it
> tells me that tomorrow is Friday, not Wednesday like 0.19...
>
> Do others have this problem?  Is there a way to find out what is going
> on?  I live in Prior Lake, MN (0609)  and the city is selected
> properly.  Mysystem time is correct.

The short and sweet answer is that mythweather is broken. It is
unchanged from 0.18 and stopped working a long time ago. If you live in
the usa and want a working weather module download and compile the
mythweather-revamp branch of SVN and use it. That works except for the
animated map which is supposed to be enableable but so far will not work
for me. The weather page of mythweb does work correctly.