[mythtv-users] Update channel icons for your area (was Re: Sky Channel Icons)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 21 20:48:40 UTC 2006

On 09/21/06 09:58, Steven Adeff wrote:

>http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Channel_icons

I edited the instructions on that page to be much more descriptive than
my original post (so, please use the wiki page in preference).  From the
new page (still trying to sell people on the idea of helping):

One of the best sources of channel icons is http://www.lyngsat-logo.com/
. There, you can browse the available icons and choose those appropriate
for your system. However, doing so can be a lot of work (requiring many
page hits and a lot of time).

An easier approach is to use some new features in the post-0.20-SVN
branch of MythTV to quickly look up the information. And, the best part
is that you can use this new feature (and help out with the development
of MythTV) even if you're not using SVN--there's no need to upgrade
/any/ part of your MythTV installation.

Mike

BTW, I left it a stub because I don't know what that is/when something
is a stub/when it's not.