[mythtv-users] Resolution / Aspect Ratio Mismatch - Proper Setup?

David Rees drees76 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 22:31:46 UTC 2006

On 9/21/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> If NVIDIA drivers 8756+, only if you disable EDID detection of display
> size/DPI or if your display doesn't report EDID information about
> display size/DPI.

I do have EdidDpi disabled (Nvidia 8774), but I thought I tried
without it disabled and it still used the DPI I specified, mabye I'm
remembering wrong.

> >fine, but not both (if DPI is specified DisplaySize is ignored).
>
> Right.  Let's put it this way:
>
> If you have a 32" x 18" display and are running it at 1920 x 1080 pixels
> (=display dots), how many dots are there in an inch?

:-) Which is why I was confused. It makes sense to me why it's not
possible to use both.  Some docs on the wiki say anything besides
100x100 dpi is wrong while others say to use a DisplaySize, and also
suggest that you may need both!

Thanks for the explanations. Now I just have to wait for 0.21 to get a
perfect display on my tv. :-)

-Dave